Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Mah Ma

As I edge closer and closer to the day I pick up my bags and leave home for university, I become more and more wary of the fact that I'm going to be away from my mom; My mom who's my best friend. She is the one person who I can talk to about anything. Speak my mind totally and express myself freely. My worries, my failures, my successes, my desires, my apprehensions and my every thought is so easy for me to share with her. Imagining a life without her is so wrong I'm afraid to talk about it. But I'm not one who is easily intimidated, so here I am. Hence the topic for this post is, obviously, my mom.

I can easily boast and say that my mom is one of the coolest people I know. I mean, who else can say with pride that their Mom was willing to say “Yes, this is Shamseena’s mother. Please don’t worry, the girls will be coming home with me and I will drop them all off home.” just so that you could go for that Shah Rukh Khan concert with your friends?! Who else’s Mom will ask you “How’s Sara doing? Did she meet any interesting girls?” without sneer or judgement? That’s my Mom. Who else’s Mom will say “Don’t worry about your Dad; he’s just being an asshole.” I don’t think there are very many others. That’s my Mom. She’s always been there for me, always been beside me through thick and thin. So now, when I have a whole journey in front of me I need her the most and I don’t have her.

Life’s a bitch, that’s what I always say. Just when you get the most amount of freedom and have the opportunity to emancipate yourself from your parents, you want them to support you the most. Argh.

Over and Out.

Waldo! at 3:50 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 2:52 AM Blogger shazzy said...

I've been trying for SO many freggin' days to post a comment but the server conveniently died on me every time... so HERE it goes finally!

Now is your chance to use that freedom and every ounce of support your mom gave you to work on ways to give her back what she gave you. It's impossible, nothing can replace a mother's love - but just knowing that you tried is more than anyone can ask for.

Lol..the longest comment i've ever posted!Still, never enough for ammi jaan :)

 
at 8:26 AM Blogger Ahmed said...

hmmm aint that just fear of the unknown that lies ahead??

 

Post a Comment