Sunday, May 01, 2005

Jesus Walks and Other Activites

Don't fret, I'm not going controversial on your ass, I'm just telling you about a song that I listened to recently that changed the way I viewed hip-hop and rap. Jesus Walks by Kanye West.
I know, this song is old, but I never actually listened to it before. I have heard it though. But it was upon listening to it that I realised just how good it is and why it was the cause of so much talk when it was released. He says "
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus, That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes, But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?" Isn't that so sad? I was thinking about it, it's so true. We can speak about sex like we're talking about the art of drinking water but you mention religion or God and you get the feeling of death come over you. Everyone shuts up when the conversation changes from BDSM to the need for a God. That's when it gets inappropriate. It's scary. Well, I guess I did get controversial. Oh well.
I'm going to change the subject right here and address the other half of the title. What have I done over the past few weeks? Well, I've spent a lot of money, and done a lot of sheesha. That's bad, haven't really done anything productive, which I feel guilty about. Hence I came online today with the sole intention of updating my blog and getting me creative (or otherwise) juices flowing. There's something I'd like to say about that phrase, "creative juices flowing." Isn't it ironic that most people drinking coffee when they do something creative such as writing, but it’s still juices that flow. I'd like to change that to "creative java flowing;" doesn't that sound so much more appropriate? So now that my creative java is flowing I'm feeling the urge to replenish them and go to Starbucks and fill to the brim with Triple Shot Caramel Macchiato. Maybe later. Either way, I'm not about to leave Kanye West now, after all, how many people can claim Jesus Walks and get a Grammy. That's something to pay a little attention to.

Over and Out

Waldo! at 4:32 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 12:21 AM Blogger shazzy said...

the only thing that caught my eye with this post is SHEESHA!!!

Me misses thes sheeshas :S :S

only 25 days to go.....woohooo
misses yous

 

Post a Comment